Monday, October 16, 2006

Sisterlock and Locked Hair Testimonies

These are video testimonies from the DFW Sisterlock Gathering this past weekend (10-15-06). The sound is not good because the Cheesecake factory was packed that afternoon and the only place we could get interviews done (it was raining outside) was in the hallway leading to the bathroom! (LOL). Each lady genuinely shares why she's locked or natural.

We've come to find that it's more about becoming natural than focusing on any particular style or method to wear your nappy hair! Of course since it's a Sisterlock gathering, most of the women talk about why they love Sisterlocks. Each video can only be found here, on the Locked Hair Blog Exchange, or possibly on each ladies blogs, if they have one. You will not find their testimonies in a search on google video because I uploaded them as "unlisted" in a search on google. My photos from the event are in my fotki. Your comments are welcome and please forward this blog post to your family and friends who are curious about going natural and especially about the dynamic versitility of wearing your hair locked! Enjoy!!
























The next DFW Sisterlocks Gathering will be in Waco, Tx at Beatnix Coffeehouse on Sunday February 18th from 2-5pm. The pre-paid cost is $17 which includes dinner and tea catered by Blaneks Catering of Waco. If you'd like to attend, please email me off line at sweetiepp03-bloggin at yahoo.com

10 comments:

brunsli said...

Great job Maryee! Thanks so much!

Mel said...

Wow Maryee, this is amazing! Everyone's hair looks fantastic and these short clips really give a sense of what wonderful people they all are.
I also found myself fascinated by everyone's accents!
Another wonderful job from you - Thank You so much for sharing it.

Creyole said...

You are soooooo AWESOME! Great job and I can't wait to see you amm Feb 18th!!

KnottyAuthor said...

this is so kewl!!!!
this lock thing is going to a whole nother level b/c of you maryee!!

C & C said...

loved it, loved it, loved it! great job maryee. i bet heads were turning while you were conducting your interviews...all the more better. you all are so inspiring. just beautiful. peace

Valenciajaz said...

Fantastic job on the video interviews. I couldn't hear audio on some of them. Did I do something wrong?

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Bravo! What an awesome presentation! I also had trouble hearing all of the audio in sequence however, to get around that I would leave the post and come back to it and pick up where I left off. It took me about 3 trys to hear all of the presentations but I heard them all and they were wonderful. It was nice to put voices with some of the familiar faces. Fantastic job!

Ms. L said...

Hey Maryee, I truly enjoyed all the ladies sharing testimonies on how locks have impacted their lives. They all looked like they were having a good time at the Cheese Cake Factory..Oh, how I wished I was there. One of my favorite spots to dine. The Jamaican Black Pepper Shrimp is Awesome!!Maryee, love your blog and what you've accomplished for the sisterhood. Thanks for making it happen. When you have a moment, take a peak at my blog..Just getting started with some Q&A and or FYI for my clients and others..Please come and share some of your expertise. Thanks..and keep up the good work...God Bless
(Ms. Laura's "Locs of Love")

Maryee said...

Thanks ladies for checking out the videos. I need to do an updated video collection so you can see how much each lady's locs have grown. I know mine has grown since this was shot. Blessings...

Chawn said...

Thank you so much for this post. I began my Sisterlock journey 3/24/2010 and love it so far. I love these blogs as they provide information for someone like myself who is just starting out. I can't wait to attend some Sisterlock gatherings to meet others.